Great service comes from having the right tools to get the job done … our pump truck has been custom designed, built, and outfitted to take care of the tough challenges.
- With air-ride suspension lowering the pump truck height to just 76″, we can access underground parkades to pump out catch basins and clean blocked drains.
- Our 300 gallon on-board fresh water tank is ready for hydro flushing anywhere.
- The 3000 psi, 20 gpm hydro-jetter gets through the toughest blockages of tree roots, grease, and debris.
Catch Basin Cleaning and Drain Line Hydro Flushing
Catch basin cleaning is a critical part of property maintenance. Catch basins hold all the debris that is washed down by rain water and snow melt, keeping your drain lines free of debris. Over time, the debris builds up and needs to be pumped out and taken away for disposal before it accumulates to the point where it blocks the drain.
If the drain lines become blocked, they can cause parking lot flooding and will need to be hydro-flushed to clear away the debris inside the line.
In addition to catch basins, commercial and residential strata properties may also have trough drains and sump pump pits that also need to be cleaned. Most properties conduct catch basin cleaning annually, in the fall time. This timing ensures your drain system is operating at peak performance to handle the rainy season, winter snow, and spring melt.
Kitchen and Bathroom Stack Cleaning
Our system for cleaning multi-level building drains ensures:
- Minimal disruption to owners & tenants by mostly only requiring access to common areas and a few isolated parking stalls in underground garages.
- Preventing the risk of flooding.
- The most thorough and long-lasting cleaning of drains possible that returns drain systems to their as-new condition verified by drain camera.
The most common causes of blocked drain stacks are grease, hair, and sticky foods such as rice. All of these waste materials stick to the walls of drain piping, building up over time and eventually blocking the drain.
Conventional drain cleaning utilizing top-down augering can not remove these blockages effectively. This method only pushes a hole through the center of the blockage without removing the waste built up along the drain pipe walls.
To clean building stacks effectively …
- We first conduct a site survey to identify all your vertical stacks, the areas we require access to, and to put together a specific plan for your building.
- A fish tape with a locating beacon is inserted into the top of the drain stack and sent to the bottom of the stack in the underground parkade where it’s position will be determined by the locator.
- We open the lower portion of the stack and connect our pump truck and hydro-flusher to it with a Y fitting. This ensures the waste is completely removed and not sent further into your drain system where it can cause blockages further down the line.
- Our hydro flusher with a drain cleaning head is attached to the fish tape and slowly pulled back up the drain stack. Technicians communicate during the operation with two-way radios. This controlled pressure flushing thoroughly removes all waste from the drain pipe walls which gets vacuumed into our pump truck. Working from the bottom up ensures we do not create blockages that can cause flooding. This hydroflushing technique completely cleans drain piping to it’s original as-new condition.
- The process is repeated for each vertical stack in your building and each horizontal branch that leads to a main drain. The result is a long lasting cleaning of your drain pipes with minimal disruption to owners & tenants.